Friday, November 03, 2006

Adds New Meaning to Pass the Plate

From MSNBC:
The Rev. Ted Haggard admitted Friday he bought methamphetamine and received a massage from a gay prostitute who claims he was paid for drug-fueled trysts by the former head of the National Association of Evangelicals.
Let me be up front: I DO NOT like Ted Haggard. Just his looks give my spirit the creeps. That, however, does not shade my opinion of this:
Shortly after Haggard told reporters outside his home, "I bought it for myself but never used it. I was tempted, but I never used it,”
Before my Christian brethern get all stupid and come running to his defense, how many of you believed Slick Willie when he claimed "I smoked pot but didn't inhale"?
Haggard, 50, said he never had sex with Jones.
This is like a bad rerun..."I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski"
What's next, dark blue, semen stained jockey shorts??
...he said he bought the meth because he was curious.
Uhhh, I don't think so. Curious people by pot. Curious people buy cocaine.
Meth is for the experienced users among us.

No comments: