Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Soldier, a Tombstone and The Nutjob

Cindy Sheehan, the anti-Bush activist dubbed the "Peace Mom" for her efforts to stop the war in Iraq is lashing back at detractors who decry her lack of a tombstone for her son, Casey Sheehan, who was killed in the conflict two years ago.

In her own words:
For the first year after Casey was killed, I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to place a TOMBstone on my son's grave. I didn't want one more marble proof that my son was dead. I couldn't even call where he was buried a "cemetery," I had to call it "Casey's Park." I placed fresh flowers in the cup every week and journaled there almost on a daily basis, and often laid on it and fell asleep and dreamed of my needlessly killed son.
Is there any doubt that her grasp on reality is tenuous, at best?
Have any of these people who claim that I am pissing on my son's grave even visited him?
Uh, Cindy honey...I bet if there was a TOMBSTONE so people could find him, LOTS would come visit. And thats exactly what you don't want; people to honor your son, the Soldier.

No comments: