Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Where Were These People Raised?

So I'm coming out of HomeDepot. Had to stop in and pick up a few odds and ends.
I'm walking to my truck, and there is some guy parked a few spaces over, loading 4' X 8' sheets of cement board (like drywall, but heavier).

I toss my two bags into my truck and stroll back over to this guy and holler, "You need some help loading that drywall?"
No response.
Since he's sweating like crazy (its 4 in the afternoon and probably 85 degrees), I figure he either didn't hear me or is too pooped to answer, since he's already loaded about 4 sheets and some 2 X 4's.

So I go over and give him a hand loading the last 4 sheets. This stufff is about twice the weight of regular drywall! So its hefty.
Anyway, we finish, I throw a bag of insulation that had fallen on the ground into the back of his truck, and leave him to load a few marble window sills.

I walk past him again, headed back to my truck.
Nothing.
No response.
No "Thanks".
Not even a grunt in my direction.

I'm now LAUGHING to myself (out loud) as I get back in my truck, wagging my head.

I pull away, not even a wave.

On the way home, I start thinking I did Society a disservice.
I should have perforated his frontal lobe with a .40S&W

Did you have parents or did you grow up with a pack of wolves???

No comments: