Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Who's REALLY to blame?

Recently, the St.Peter Times ran an article describing an unfortunate accident that took place in Clearwater, FL. But turn off your reactionary emotions and re-read the story. Here's what I found interesting:


"McKinney's grandmother, Betsy Gerhard, said Monday that Rebecca's mother Sally complained to school officials for years about the bus stop, to no avail.

"She has complained so many times that the transportation department knows her by her first name," Gerhard said."

So here we have a parent, competent enough to identify a dangerous situation that their child is exposed to, and what does she do?
She continues to allow her child to return to that dangerous situation time and time again, in fact, for YEARS!!

I'm sorry, but as a parent, if my child is exposed to a life-threatening situation once, let alone on a regular basis, I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure their safety! And it will go far beyond a few phone calls to the State-sponsored Indoctrination Center Transportation Board. Either send the child to school on other public transportation that provides safer logistics or I'll get my big fat butt up at whatever hour necessary to drive them myself (God forbid! - personal responsibility!)

It would have been a miniscule price to pay to still have my child alive.

No comments: